||angie 07:40 am MST 02/20/17|
|* Strat is much nicer of a fellow than Baal, isn't he? Baal had much more of a cruel streak, and was more of a "someone it might be a good idea to keep your daughter from after all". I love Strat though. He's got a ton of natural charisma, a ton of expression, and deeply appeals to the chuunibyou in me. :P|
* Sloane is a much, much more fun character than her equivalent in the older incarnations of "Jim's show". She got herself into a very comfortable terrible place, didn't she?
* Raven - when she sings Heaven Can Wait, and she flies, and momentarily looks like the girl on the cover of the "I'd Do Anything For Love" single cover... ah! I wished her actress would wait for the audience applause to end before she started talking, though. I missed a few lines.
* Tink - it's hard to believe he's physically stuck under 18, no matter how often he says it. But it is believable that Strat and Tink are stuck believing it. I mean, I still think of my little brother as little, and he's like, over 30 years old now.
* Is it really only THE LOST who can't get old? It seems like Falco & Sloane were teens in the 1950s and it's the 2050s now.
* That little talk about convents and nuns seemed... out of place?
* Zahara - I have got such big love for her. She's like the impartial bridge between the old and the young. Determinedly independent. She keeps people alive. And sounds amazing. I want to be her when I grow up. :P
In my mind there are 3 main couples in the show:
* The teen "pure" couple : Strat / Raven
* The older "disillusioned, sex-based" couple : Falco / Sloane
* The "hands-off but hands-on" couple : Jagwire / Zahara
...I think it's a shame that the 3rd couple seem to be getting a bit overlooked by fans. They seem to have a really interesting dynamic. Like, an "it's complicated". Is it really that he's more into her than she's into him? Or does she just hold back to keep that boundary in place so she can live more independently? I think as much as she frustrates him, he wants her more for the things he can't have.
|Previous:||re: Tyce-Hero Pre order now - Mindnick 05:18 pm MST 02/21/17|
|Next:||re: Spoilerific thoughts - Jsteinfan 09:25 am MST 02/20/17|